Policies and Terms
Policies Terms & Conditions
These are our policies and procedures for Barking up the Right Tree’s Pet Sitting Service. We continue to strive for open communication. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
- You can schedule, change or cancel services four ways:
- Log in to your existing profile in our scheduling software. BarkingUptheRightTree
- If you need your username or password reset, just let us know, but please do not create a new profile if you’ve used our services before.
- Text Us! Our text only line is (404) 860-2922. Send us a message and we’ll book your services for you and email your confirmation.
- Email us! Send us an email to email@example.com and we’ll book your services for you and email your confirmation.
- Call us! Call (404) 303-0314 and we’ll book your services for you and email your confirmation.
- Log in to your existing profile in our scheduling software. BarkingUptheRightTree
Please do NOT schedule any services, changes or cancellations directly with your Pet Sitter in order to ensure accuracy and service fulfillment.
- Non-holiday –
- Visits cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged the rate of one visit. Visits cancelled with at least 24 hours notice will result in a credit applied to future pet sitting visits. No refunds will be given.
- Overnight Visits-you must provide a 7 day notice from the start of the appointment to cancel any or all overnight visits. No credits or refunds will be give if overnights are cancelled after the 7 day notice period from the start of the appointment.
- Holidays –
- All reservations over the holiday periods require a 7 day cancellation notice prior to the start of service. No credits or refunds will be given if visits are cancelled within an appointment without a 7 day notice from the start of that appointment.
- Holiday Overnight Visits – you must provide a 3 week notice from the start of the appointment to cancel any or all overnight visits. No credits or refunds will be given if overnights are cancelled during holiday periods.
- Credits given as a result of cancelling with required notice will be held on account for 6 months. After 6 months, the credit will no longer be available.
- Barking Up the Right Tree accepts Visa and MasterCard for payment.
- Non-Holiday Appointments will be charged 3 days prior to the start of services.
- Holiday Appointments will be charged 2 weeks prior to the start of services.
- If any appointment is extended after the appointment has already begun, the Visa or MasterCard on file will be charged at the time visits are added.
- Please do not pay Pet Sitters directly for services. All payments should be paid directly to Barking Up the Right Tree
- Although not required, if you wish to tip the Pet Sitter, please write a separate check in the Pet Sitter’s name or leave cash for your Sitter. Gratuity can also be charged within the appointment and added to the charged total at the time of scheduling.
- A $25.00 late fee may be added to your invoice for late payments.
- Credit cards will be charged automatically for future appointments booked, 3 days prior to the start of services.
Surcharge and Extra Fees Policies
- A last-minute booking surcharge of $10 will apply for all same-day service requests.
- A holiday surcharge of time-and-a-half will apply for visits made on the following holidays: New Years Eve, New Years Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
- Days around major holidays will add a surcharge of $5 per visit. These days will vary from year to year but generally include the heavy travel weekends and days surrounding a major holiday.
- Barking Up the Right Tree reserves the right to charge at $25.00 per half hour or any portion thereof, for additional time spent over a 30-minute visit that is necessary for the care of Client’s pet(s) and home. This includes service and time for the following, but not limited to: all veterinary trips; pet illness; excessive clean-up resulting from pet incontinence, accidents or frequent vomiting; complications administering medications; obtaining pet food, medication or supplies; wait time for emergency home repair; search for pet(s) that escaped confinement or leash.
- Client is responsible for all expenses incurred such as purchasing supplies or pet food or veterinary bills accrued in their absence and must reimburse Barking Up the Right Tree upon return.
Access to Home
- Alarm Policy: We must have the alarm codes, password, and alarm company name and phone number in our secure online reservation system. If we do not have this information in our system, we will not be responsible for any false alarms. Alarms must be in good working condition with no numbers sticking or not working properly.
- If alarm information is changes at any time, it is the Client’s responsibility to update the information directly in the online profile or to contact the Barking Up the Right Tree office with the information. It is not enough just to inform the Pet Sitter.
- Key Policy: We require TWO working keys to your house, NO EXCEPTIONS. Keys must be provided at time of initial meet & greet. If two copies are not provided, Barking Up the Right Tree will make a copy of the key and a $10 charge will be charged to the Client. If you live in a gated community, you must provide a gate card, remote or appropriate access codes. We will not access your apartment/condo via a leasing office or by following someone through the gate.
- NO KEYS will be mailed by regular mail, hidden outside or locked in homes on last visits. Should keys become unusable, the lock malfunction, Client fails to leave a key or for any other reasons beyond Pet Sitter’s control, Barking Up the Right Tree and Pet Sitters have authorization to employ the services of a locksmith to gain entry to a Client’s home on Client’s behalf. Client will be responsible for all expenses incurred and will reimburse Barking Up the Right Tree with the credit card on file.
- Keys may be left with a full-time concierge, however, the length of visit will be affected by the amount of time it takes for the concierge to provide the Pet Sitter with access to the home.
- If account is inactive for longer than one year, Barking Up the Right Tree may destroy all keys and entry devices associated with that account.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to provide reasonable parking options/access for Pet Sitters to provide services. In instances where parking is unavailable on or near property, Barking Up the Right Tree reserves the right to charge for additional time and cost of paid parking required to secure parking and walk to the Client property.
- Keys will be kept on file for future services. A $15 service charge will be added for keys to be dropped off at the end of services or picked up for subsequent appointments. Or, Clients may drop off and pick up keys at the Barking Up the Right Tree office location.
- NOTE: We do not disclose your information to any third party unless we have received your approval. Only the Pet Sitter providing your service and the office has access to your information. Your privacy and the protection of your information is extremely important to us and we take all aspects of this very seriously.
- Although all reasonable efforts will be made to provide the agreed upon services, inclement weather (e.g., snow or ice), national emergencies, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond our control may delay or prevent Pet Sitter’s visit(s). In such a case, Client and/or the emergency contact person will be notified so that other arrangements can be made, if necessary.
- To ensure the safety of our Pet Sitters and of the community, we initiate our Inclement Weather Plan when localities close schools due to potentially dangerous weather conditions. When initiated, we announce our Inclement Weather Plan for that day and specific weather concern on our FaceBook page and via email. During inclement weather situations, our midday dog walking services may be canceled and our pet sitting service schedules may be altered.
- We ask that all Clients provide us with an inclement weather emergency contact that can care for your pets in the event we cannot access your home. Your emergency contact should be able to walk to your home and have working keys for entry. All visits that are canceled as a result of inclement weather are credited to your account for use toward future services.
- We also ask that you consider your Pet Sitter’s safety by clearing steps and walkways of ice, snow and debris as well as designating a neighbor to do so when you are traveling. Please also note that your sitter is empowered to shorten exercise time during heavy rainfall and lightning and/or thunderstorms or extreme heat. In such cases, exercise time will be replaced with indoor playtime and TLC.
- It is a Client’s responsibility to update their client information including emergency contact information and pet details including veterinarian information and feeding instructions. Pet Sitters will follow these detailed instructions to provide the best care to your pets.
- If you need your username or password reset, please let us know. Do not create a brand new profile.
Emergency Care Policy
- In the event of pet illness or other medical emergency and specified vet is unavailable, pets will be taken to closest vet or Georgia Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Care. Client understands and agrees that attempts will be made to contact them in case of emergency and if Client is unreachable, Pet Sitter has permission to authorize any care that the vet deems necessary for pet’s health, safety and survival. Client agrees to reimburse Barking Up the Right Tree for any additional fees and all costs relating to vet care during their absence, which may include x-rays, blood work, surgery and/or other expensive procedures, as well as an emergency medical transport fee of $35.00.
- Client also needs to have a credit card on file with their veterinary clinic and make sure the emergency contact is aware they are able to make decisions with the Client’s home and pet care in the Client’s absence.
Other Terms & Conditions
- For the safety of your pet and others, pets must have current vaccinations. Should Pet Sitter be bitten or otherwise exposed to any disease or ailment received from Client’s animal which has not been properly vaccinated, it will be the Client’s responsibility to pay all costs and damages incurred by the victim.
- Due to the extreme unpredictability of animals, Barking Up the Right Tree and Pet Sitters cannot be held responsible for any unusual mishaps (i.e., pet’s refusal to take medication, escaping from the yard, biting, eating or destroying household items, damage to inside/outside of home, personal injury/accidental death). If Client requests pet(s) to have outside access, Client releases Barking Up the Right Tree and Pet Sitters from all liability for loss, injury or death to pet(s). Client is liable for injury or damage to Third Parties.
- Client authorizes Barking Up the Right Tree and Pet Sitters to take photos of Client’s pet for their file and for business website. All photos taken are the property of Barking Up the Right Tree.
- Visit times are approximate and subject to change based on the needs of all pets under Pet Sitter’s care. Pet Sitter is entrusted to use best judgment in caring for pet(s) and home, in the event of an emergency situation, inclement weather or natural disaster. Barking Up the Right Tree and Pet Sitters will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions.
- In the event of injury or illness of your Pet Sitter, or other emergency circumstances where duties are unable to be performed, Client authorizes Barking Up the Right Tree to arrange for a back-up sitter to take over duties as outlined in this agreement. The alternate sitter will use the 2nd key to perform the pet care.
- For the protection of our Pet Sitters, Client’s may not attempt to hire a Barking Up the Right Tree Pet Sitter independently. Our Pet Sitters sign a binding agreement and are not permitted to work with anyone who has been a Client of Barking Up the Right Tree for 2 years beyond their contract termination date.
Cancellation of Agreement
- Barking Up the Right Tree reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time before or during its term if Pet Sitter determines that Client’s pet poses a danger to the health or safety of herself/himself or others. If concerns prohibit Pet Sitter from caring for pet, Client authorizes pet to be placed in a kennel with all charges to be charged to Client.
Barking Up the Right Tree and Pet Sitters agree to provide the services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services, the Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Barking Up the Right Tree except those arising from negligence or willful misconduct on the part of Barking Up the Right Tree or Pet Sitters.